20/08/2020

Book Release | Review | Fierce | Tracy Lorraine | Give Me Books Promotions


Fierce
by 

Everyone thinks they know me… but they’re wrong.

Fearless on the outside— a lie.
I’m a fraud, hiding behind a mask of perfection. My reality very different.
The captain. The leader. The Queen Bee.
None of it real— all just an illusion.
Perception is everything and I use it to get what I want, when I want, refusing to let anyone stand in my way.
Until he shows me that he’s not the man I expected. He’s not just the quiet one... the innocent one.
But the one to finally tear away the mask and look beneath the surface. The only one who sees me, gets me, challenges me.
He’s already changed my life in a way I never expected.
My secret could make us or break us, but I know one thing for sure... I’ll protect it fiercely.
That’s the real me. Chelsea Fierce.
The girl behind the mask with everything to lose.

When I asked to receive an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) of this book, I tought that I could read it without having read the previous three of the serie. Altough it can easily be read as a stand alone, we always miss some information that about all the characters and their backgrounds. I will definitly read all of them.

Chelsea is, indeed, a force of nature. She is strong in a way that not many girls at that age can be. She has a traumatic childhood, but, also has the amazing luck to be adopted and raised by a father and a mother that are one of a kind. Since the day that they adopted her, she has been all that they care about. 
However, doesn 't have a nice background as a teenager. She's the captain of the cheerleaders squad and, since day one on that school, she adopted a mean and arrogant personality. She hides her real being, her real feelings from everyone that she knows and becomes an arrogant bitch (sorry my harsh words). All students in that school thinks that she's a slut because she gives all and each one of them the idea that she is. 
After a really bad thing that she had done to a fellow student, just because the guy she wanted didn't want her, her parents decide to send her to a rehabilitation center for young people. A way to correct and make her see that the way that she is caring her own life isn't the right way to do it. We could say that she had it all until that little stunt that she pulled out, just because things didn't go the way she wanted. Or, we might also say that she didn't really know what she wanted. She thought she wanted popularity, the cheerleading and the bad boy. But then, a quiet guy, old friend, in fact, the one that always was there for here, although she always pushed him away, came by and we can say that he blew her mind away.
After the rehabilitation, Chelsea returns home and returns to school, were everybody hated her for what she'd done and the welcoming was even worse that she was expecting. All of her squad turned backs to her and all of her so called friends did the same. Even Shane. The quiet and reliable Shane. 
I must say that liking Chelsea is a tough task, because she really is a girl with a lot of rage and bad toughts in her mind. But she also has a good heart deep down and a good soul. You just have to know how to reach it and how to deal with her.
It's a story full of hot and emotional situations, but also has very deep lessons that many, many teenagers nowadays should learn. To bully someone doesn't make you stronger or popular, it just makes you mean, hated and lonely. 
Chelsea needed someone like Shane to show her that she was really fierce and strong but also a person that has to look after others. 
My favourite character in this book? Rae and Ethan, The couple that also had her back no matter what. Shane at some point became one of my favourite male characters. He is sensible, kind and trully good person that only wants to be noted by the only girl that he really should be as far as he could. But the heart wants what the heart wants, right?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

O seu comentário é valioso!
Obrigada pela visita e volte sempre!