05/01/2021

Release Date | Review | Rebel | Laura Pavlov | Give Me Books Pr


Jack
I’m always down for a good time. I’m that guy.
I love women. I love sex. And I love my life.
Go big or go home, right?
My father’s death is a constant reminder of why I like to keep it simple.
Life is short.
Emotional attachments make you weak.
Grieving sucks. And I have no interest in caring deeply for anyone outside of my family.
I’m not looking for complications.
Monroe Buckley is a complication.
She’s driven.
She’s focused.
And she’s my best friend’s little sister.
Not happening.
But once we’re forced to spend time together…I only want more.
Too bad she’s the one woman who is off-limits.

MONROE
I don’t trust most people, and I have my reasons.
I’m passionate about my work, and I came here to do a job.
Not date the boss.
Getting hired at the top media company in the city is the break of my life.
But it means working for Jack Montgomery.
My one-time crush.
My brother’s best friend.
And the current thorn in my side.
He’s exactly what I want to avoid.
Yet he’s everywhere I turn. Even when he’s not there—he’s in my head.
He’s a magnet for attention.
A heartbreak just waiting to happen.
And my heart is something I fiercely protect. At all costs.
They say the heart wants what the heart wants...
But my heart isn’t allowed to make that decision anymore.
There’s too much to lose.

Good thing I had read the books before this one. 
Of the three brothers, Jack is the one who gets us most involved. He is smart, cunning, playful and extremely dedicated to the family and business that has been run by him and his brothers since his father passed away.
He is a man who, despite being the youngest of the three, has very strong values ​​and he really is like a kind of alpha male in every way. However, he also has a more sensitive and vulnerable side, and that side is the one that gets us all worked up by him.
Now, Jack has a friend, who happens to be his best friend, apart from his brothers. This best friend has a sister. You can see where this is going, right?
Monroe is her name and she is the most recent acquisition of the Montgomery brothers' business. She is an assertive, hardworking, sensitive woman with a strong personality. Ever since she met Jack, she tries to put him at the right distance because he is her brother's best friend and she does not want, in any way, to ruin their friendship or cause problems with her brother.
From trying to keep your distance from Jack and get it, she has to go a long way and it will not be easy to resist what she feels for him and his constant presence, since he is one of her bosses.
From the beginning, we can all see that, despite the ice treatment that each reserves to the other, Jack and Monroe were destined to be.
It won't be an easy relationship, but love wins everything, right?
Once again Laura Pavlov manages to bring us characters that hold us from beginning to end, due to their personalities and huge hearts. In a light, humorous and full of intention the author manages to close the Montgomery trilogy with a flourish.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

O seu comentário é valioso!
Obrigada pela visita e volte sempre!