05/09/2016

Review | November 9 | Colleen Hoover

This is a love story between a guy (me) and a girl (Fallon). 
I think. 
Can it even be considered a love story if it doesn’t end with love?
Mysteries end when the mystery is solved. 
Biographies end when the life story has been told. 
Love stories should end with love, right? 
Maybe I’m wrong, then. Maybe this isn’t a love story. If you ask me…I’d say this might even be considered a tragedy. 
Whatever it is—however it ends—I promised I would tell it. So without further ado.

Once upon a time…I met a girl. 
THE girl.

What an amazing book! Couldn't help fall in love with it. Really! It had blowed my mind away. This kind of story, this kind of book is the kind that made me love to read and to be introduced to other characters. Thank you, Colleen, for another story that I'll never forget, as long as I live!

This book, is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best books I've read this year. And maybe, in the last years... how could I take so long to read it? Guess I was just afraid of liking it so much that I didn't want to finish it.

This is like a book inside a book. Colleen used her knowledge on being a writer to create one inside this story. I'm talking about Ben. He is a caring and loving young man, that all he wants is to help Fallon to get over her scars, since the day they've met. I liked the fact that, although we all know the he must be an atractive guy, that fact isn't reapetadly mentioned like we use to see in other books. He's handsome and that's it. Fallon, by her turn is a fragile, wounded young woman, that's trying to deal whit her physical scars, that ruined her career. She was a teen artist on the rise, and after the fire two years ago, she lost her entire career as an actress. This added to the loss of her beauty (so she thinks), gives us a broken and traumatized Fallon. Don't we have here the recipe for a great love strory? I think we really do!

Ben and Fallon meet and since that moment, despite she fights the feeling constantly, they don't give up on eachother. Because an agreement, they promise they won't see eachother during the year and they have to meet on the same day, same place, same time that they did meet for the firts time. How romantic and painfull is this? Very... every year they meet, something happens and it breaks my heart to see how much they love and need one another that I almost want to jump into the story and give them a kick in their lovely *butts* so that they stop being so stubborn. Because, come on, they have a love so intense and the pain is so huge that I feel shivers all over my body and my heart feels like it's going to explode or stop beating in hurt for them. Yeah... that's the power of this story.

Everything they spent together and apart, shows us that every day is a strugle to get up bed and face another twenty four hours, until the November 9th finally arrives. And when it arrives, brings with it sometimes pain, sometimes love, sometimes both. How could they live like this for five long years?They were eighteen when they firts met, and by the end of the book they're already twenty three. I'm honest when I say that I don't really know how they could say "Goddbye" so many freaking times!
The true breaking story behind Ben's love and devotion for Fallon, the traumatizing adolescence he've been through, it can kill someone's feeling and hopes. I'm really happy that Colleen could maintain a strong, sensitive and caring Ben.

I'm going to miss them so, so much, that I'm going to have to read the book again as soon as I can.


Once again Colleen, If you read this review, thank you for Ben and Fallon.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

O seu comentário é valioso!
Obrigada pela visita e volte sempre!